Make a delicious dinner your entire family will enjoy in less than 30 minutes with a handful of simple ingredients. This buttery pasta dish made with Brummel and Brown’s Organic Buttery Yogurt spread, peas & garlic is so it good I’m sure it will be a family favorite for you too. Thank you so much to Brummel and Brown for sponsoring this post.
It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of simple recipes that are easy to make, require real food ingredients and are kid friendly. My kids absolutely love buttery noodles so this dish was inspired by their love for noodles and my love of incorporating vegetables and good for you organic ingredients in our meals. This is a perfect weeknight dinner and delicious enough for a party. Serve it alone, with whole wheat dinner rolls or a protein of choice. It’s just so versatile that you really can’t go wrong.
I am obsessed with Brummel and Brown’s Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread. It’s made with real ingredients, has an amazing light texture and insanely delicious. Brummel and Brown’s Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread is organic, made with no artificial flavors or preservatives and has less than half the saturated fat of butter. I’ve used their Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread on toasts, in baking and with cooking all things savory. It’s usually a 1 to 1 replacement for any oil or butter that you would use.
Now on to this delicious recipe.
Whole Wheat Pasta with Peas and Garlic Sauce Recipe:
- 1 box whole wheat Cavatappi pasta
- 1 ½ cup cooked petite baby peas
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ cup melted Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup pasta water.
- Toss pasta in 1 tbs melted Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread and set aside.
- Next, sauté garlic in 2 tbs melted Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread.
- Once golden add ¼ cup reserved pasta water and stir for two minutes on medium heat.
- Next, add in Italian parsley, basil and remaining Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread and stir for one minute.
- Remove from heat, before adding cooked peas, salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add half of the Parmesan cheese before tossing in pasta. Divide pasta in 4 bowl before garnishing with remaining Parmesan cheese.
I hope next time your planning your meals, you give this one a try. I’m sure this will become a new family favorite! Enjoy!