Who doesn’t love a quick and easy dinner? This recipe is so versatile and always a win with the entire family. I started making these burgers for my kids because they were packed with (undetectable) veggies, taste great and could be rolled up into mini bite size meatballs. Now, I often include them in my Sunday meal prep and switch up the meat depending on what I’m craving or what other meat we are eating for the week.
This recipe includes 1 pound of lean grass-fed ground beef but ground turkey and ground chicken work great too.To be honest, I’ve never tried them with ground turkey or chicken breast but I would imagine they may be on the drier side. The cooking times would vary but you can make these mini burgers into meatballs, mini burgers (my favorite) or larger burgers.
You can throw them together in a matter of a few minutes or even prep them ahead of time and have them ready to be baked in the oven for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb 90% lean grass-fed ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 shredded medium zucchini
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley (could be omitted)
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheese (optional but a big hit with the kids)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with hands until everything is fully incorporated.
- Next, roll mixture into meatballs, mini burgers or full size burgers. (My favorite is to divide mixture into 12-16 small balls. Once rolled into small balls, I flatten into mini burgers on baking sheet).
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil and evenly space burgers on baking sheet.
- Baking times vary but time for mini burgers listed below.
Feel free to add any other favorite spices or to use 1 slice of crumbled whole wheat bread or even bread crumbs if you don’t have or want to use almond flour. All variations work great! I’ve even added shredded cheese in the mixture for the kids which was a huge hit.
These are great as a traditional burger, served on top of a salad or paired with vegetables and a healthy side of brown rice, sweet potato fries or quinoa. The options are endless!
Hope you love this easy meal!